• St. Francis College in High School

    High school students who participate in the College in High School program can obtain Saint Francis University credit for select upper-level high school courses. The courses through this program will contain the content of the equivalent course(s) taught at Saint Francis University and will be led by approved high school teachers in the regular classroom.  

    Quality Education

    College in High School courses, as well as the approved instructors, meet the standards of the appropriate academic department of Saint Francis University.


    The cost to high school students for a Saint Francis University course offered through the College in High School program significantly less than the regular tuition paid by full-time students at most colleges and universities. Payment for tuition will be due at the time of registration. See current tuition rates.

    Early Start on College

    Students who later decide to attend Saint Francis University will enter with advanced standing and earned credits on their academic record.


    Students wishing to take a College in High School course must complete a Saint Francis University College in High School application to be submitted at the time of registration. Admission into College in High School does not constitute acceptance into Saint Francis University. Graduating seniors seeking admission into Saint Francis University may contact the Office of Admissions at 814-472-3100 or toll free at 866-342-5738.


    Staff from the Adult Degree & Continuing Studies office will work with the guidance counselor at each participating high school for registration purposes.  Registration will be in the form of an online application that will outline payment procedures.


    The high school teacher, who will hold an adjunct faculty appointment from Saint Francis University, will assign grades for students taking a College in High School course following the established University grading system.


    There will be no financial reimbursement if a student decides to withdraw from a course. Students approved to withdraw from a College in High School course will be given a "W" (withdrew) grade.

    Incomplete Courses

    In some instances, students may need extra time to complete requirements for course work. In that case, the student must notify the teacher of his/her intentions in writing. The teacher will in turn notify a contact at the Adult Degree & Continuing Studies office. A "CN" or an "I" grade can be assigned by the teacher and arrangements for fulfilling class requirements are made between the teacher and student.

    Transfer of Credits

    Many students registering for courses through Saint Francis University may eventually wish to transfer these credits elsewhere. Although many colleges and universities will recognize these transfer credits, it is not guaranteed that all colleges or institutions of higher learning will accept them. Whether or not a college accepts transfer credits depends on their policy and the major that the student has chooses. Typically, students must have a "C" or better for any credits to transfer and must also request a transcript of their credits earned. To request a transcript students must contact the Registrar's Office at Saint Francis University, 814-472-3009 or fill out the Transcript Request Form.


    Information from https://www.francis.edu/College-in-High-School/


    CAHS Course Description Booklet/CIHS Registration for first time CIHS students More Information